My name is Jon and I’m an addict.
I’ve been a junkie for as long as I can remember. These are some of the symptoms of my condition:
- A constant craving to find alternative ways to do things.
- A constant desire to find alternative routes to get from A to B. And then back again.
- I’m never on time. Sometimes I’m early; sometimes I’m late – but never on time.
- A refusal to sit on the same seat on the train to work every day. I’d rather stand thank you.
- A pathological hatred of holiday itineraries. And I mean hatred!
- People who go back to the same hotel every year scare me. Why would you want to do that?
- An itch to try new dishes in restaurants. Even if I don’t really like the sound of them. Unless they contain celery.
- The word ‘routine’ makes me break out in a cold sweat.
- The only thing I ever worry about is not worrying about anything.
- I never read instructions. Especially IKEA’s.
I’m a change junkie. I love it and don’t ever want that to change. Er, hang on, let me think about that one…
Some would describe my condition as somewhat chaotic.
I say out of chaos comes discovery – and isn’t that what life is all about?